Do you like to play Jass, then this is for you!
We no longer look for a champion and you do not have to be a pro, we will strictly play a social, friendly, and relaxed game (see rules below).
The cost is $2 for miscellaneous expenses.
Location: Agincourt room at 3131 Bridletowne Circle, Toronto (near Finch and Warden); free parking at the back of the building.
Time: 1 pm to approximately 4.30 pm
|September 24, 2023||September Jass|
|October 22, 2023||October Jass|
|November 19, 2023||November Jass|
Free coffee and tea will be available. No other drinks will be available, so if you like, you can bring your own.
The Swiss Club Toronto is continuing to pay the rent for the location. With this, I encourage you to become a member of the club. So, come on out and bring a friend who likes to play also.
I am always open to receiving suggestions and comments.
To be able to have complete tables, it would really be appreciated if you would contact me no later than the day before the game. This way, no one will be left out to play.
- We play the Schieber with no Wys (just like the champion Jass).
- You can pass to your partner if you can’t make trump, play top down or bottom up.
- You play eight rounds with the same partner, then change partner at your table, three times per table.
- Then, you draw a new table number, and repeat the same as at your previous table, for a total of 8 × 3 × 2 = 48 rounds.
- Each round is worth 157 points, with a match awarding an additional 100 points.
- The eight rounds played with one partner at the same table are worth a total of 8 × 157 = 1256 points (plus 100 for each match).
- We play mostly with the German Jass cards.