The Council of the Swiss abroad is looking for a new delegate to be chosen in May 2021. As a delegate of the Council of Swiss Abroad, you represent the interests of Swiss expatriates, to voice an opinion on current affairs on behalf of the “Fifth Switzerland”. We invite you to visit the website: www.swisscommunity.org for more information. In order to be considered as a delegate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Swiss citizenship holder
- 18 years old or older
- Living abroad
- Be registered with the Swiss Consulate
- Registered for voting and elections in Switzerland
- Able to speak German or French
- Maintain regular contacts with the Swiss community in your represented region
- Have active knowledge of English and/or French
- Be ready to participate, as much as possible, in two yearly meetings of the Council of the Swiss abroad held in Switzerland (tentative due to covid.)
- Commit to conform to the cahier des charges of the CSA delegates.
In case the delegate moves from their place of residence to another area than that represented during the current legislature, they lose their seat.
Your Application should include the following:
- Full Name, mailing address and contact info (email and phone)
- year of birth
- Name of the Swiss representation towards which you have applied (in your case, this will be Swiss Club Toronto)
- Employment (current or past profession)
- Linguistic abilities
- Links to the Swiss community (affiliation to an association, etc.)
- Short statement of their motivation to be delegate to the CSE
- Indicate your response to the following statement: I confirm that I am a Swiss citizen and that I am registered at our local Swiss consulate for elections and votes in Switzerland (yes/no)
For any questions regarding the role and duties please contact Bruno Setz (email@example.com), former OSA Delegate from Montreal and Election Coordinator for Eastern Canada. If you are interested in applying, please email Bruno Setz or the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.